I remember when I was a kid and I saw my father reading the news every morning, before he goes to work. He used to read the local newspaper (“La Capital” de Mar del Plata”) and the national Newspaper (“La Nacion” in Argentina). Also I remember that he checked in his personal agenda, all the things that he had planned for that day, before he went to run his construction company. He had everything in order, in the correct place, he was a civil engineering. If I speak about my father, I can write forever, I miss him very much. But let’s back to the point about the information received every day.
Now a days, we have TOO many sources of information, as it was predicted by Marshal McLuhan, we don’t have too much time to digest all this information, from the TV, Newspaper, Web, etc. But if we just focus on the web, even tough there, we also have too many sources. We have to check:
- Work email
- Personal emails (in my case I have accounts at Hotmail and Gmail for different purposes)
- LinkedIn updates
- Newspaper (in my case I check the Australian newspaper and the Argentinian newspaper)
- Some blogs and or news related to our profession, etc.
- Main Dashboard (Gmail, Hotmail, Facebook, twitter, The Australian, La Nacion)
- General Dashboard (Translators, Weather, To do list, Web search, etc)
- Mail (Hotmail, Gmail)
- Social (Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn)
- News Australia (News.com.au, Sydney Morning Herald, Google Australian News)
- News Argentina (La Nacion, Clarin, Google News Argentina)
- Blogs (Mashable, Techcrunch, etc).
- Computer (Wired, etc)
- Oracle & Competitors